The Fund Raising Committee activities include evaluating a wide variety of fund raising options; deciding which ones should be pursued as events for the congregation for the year; setting goals for each event; developing plans, activities, schedules, and responsibilities for each event; carrying out the activities and requesting assistance from the congregation members as appropriate; and running the events. For more information or to join the committee or just to help out on an event email the fundraising committee.
Ongoing Fundraising Activities
- Amazon.com: Everytime you shop with Amazon.com, a percentage of your sale will be directed to Congregation Shalom if you enter Amazon through the Temple’s special Amazon.com portal. Just click on the Amazon logo below to access the URL. Please bookmark the site so every time you want to go to Amazon.com, you simply click on this link. No matter how small your sale item, every penny helps!
- iGive to Congregation Shalom: Shop online at 783 different well-known stores and automatically donate money to Congregation Shalom. It’s free and easy. Click here to register and then do your shopping through the iGive website gateway. If you make a purchase through iGive within 45 days of signing up, an extra $5.00 will go to Congregation Shalom. If you have any questions, please contact Laura.
- Inkjet cartridges: Please bring used ink cartridges to the Temple for recycling; just drop in the special container in the foyer. Some are worth as much as $4!
- Grocery Gift Cards: Turn Your Shopping Into Cash! If you shop at Hannaford, Donelan’s or Stop & Shop, then donating to Congregation Shalom has never been easier. Order a gift card from the Temple and not only do you get the value of the card purchased, but Congregation Shalom gets a 7% bonus (5% back from the stores and 2% from the credit card purchase). If you buy a $100 gift card, the temple gets $7! Gift cards can be purchased by contacting Judy Beningson OR purchase in person on Sundays at the temple during the religious school year.
- Zelman Kamien Tree of Life Fund: If you would like to contribute a leaf in commemoration of family life cycle events such as Births, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, and In Memory of loved ones, please download the form. For more information contact Gayle Hurd.
Many employers will mach your own donations so check with your company and if they do, we hope you’ll get the paperwork and begin the process!