At Congregation Shalom, prayer and religious celebration are an important part of the community’s life. We strive to provide meaningful and spiritual worship experiences to all members of the Temple family. Central to this experience are Torah, prayer, study, and music. Also important to the worship experience are opportunities to build community and friendships.
Shabbat is celebrated throughout the year.
While our building is closed during social distancing, Rabbi Perry is conducting services and other events virtually using ZOOM technology. Please go to our Facebook page for announcements of all services and events, plus the ZOOM links.
Access our prayerbook to follow along
Mishkan T’filah for Shabbat:
- Free online flipbook: https://www.ccarnet.org/publications/mishkan-tfilah-for-shabbat/
- Discounted Kindle ebook: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016R0HSLU/
Mishkan T’filah for Youth
- Free online flipbook: https://www.ccarnet.org/publications/mishkan-tfilah-for-youth
- Discounted Kindle ebook: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0169622XQ/
Additional resources and readings can be found here: https://www.ccarnet.org/member/coronavirus-preparedness-and-liturgical-resources/
We will start live streaming again as soon as possible.
Congregation Shalom offers a wonderful variety of Shabbat services throughout the year. Please check our calendar for the schedule. Regardless of the service, an Oneg Shabbat, provided on a rotating schedule by member families, concludes or precedes most Shabbat celebration.
- Tot Shabbat (held on select Fridays throughout the year at 6:00PM)
- Torah Tot (offered 2x/year on Saturday mornings; crafts, storytelling and celebration)
- MOCA (Members of a certain age – you decide the age), with dinner held at a nearby restaurant after services or pot-luck at the temple.
- Family Shabbats – held monthly at 7:00PM using the “Gates of Prayer for Young People” siddur.
- Sunset Shabbats– welcome the shabbat with hors d’oeuvres, wine and friendship before the service, and then dine with family and friends after.
- Special Shabbats – many of our Shabbats have a special focus, including Social Action, Shalomites (teen youth group), Brotherhood, Sisterhood and Teacher Appreciation.
At Congregation Shalom, prayer and religious celebration are an important part of the community’s life. We strive to provide meaningful and spiritual worship experiences to all members of the Temple family. Central to this experience are Torah, prayer study, and music. Also important to the worship experience are opportunities to build community and friendships.