The Music Committee strives to enhance the musical experience of Congregation Shalom for adults and children alike in worship and other musical events. Besides augmenting Shabbat and High Holiday services, we hold special musical programs such as the “Fiddler on the Roof” singalong and this year’s “Musical Extravaganza”, featuring both the adult and childrens’ choirs and our cantorial soloists. We welcome interested congregants to become involved in the Music Committee. For more information contact the Music Committee Chairperson.
Specific responsibilities of the committee:
- Coordinates musical activity of cantor/soloists, choir and guest soloists with Rabbi, Ritual Chair and Choir Director
- Organizes and run the choir; solicits new choir members
- Submits appropriate publicity to the bulletin
- Arranges rehearsals and clear dates with calendar chairperson
- Submits budget requests to finance committee
- Oversees the Music Fund