Oversees the administration, budget, and programming of the temple youth group. Provides direction, supervision, and support to the youth group advisor. For more information email the youth commission chair.
- Help arrange for drivers, chaperones, food and other needs that may arise
- Encourage parental participation as needed
- Evaluate performance of youth group advisor on annual basis
- Other responsibilities as Congregation President or Youth Commission requests
- Prepare annual budget requests
- Meet with Prospective members
- Coordinate with the Educational Director
- Coordinate with the Regional NFTY office
The Youth Commission may consist of the following voting members: Rabbi, representatives of the Board of Trustees, representatives from Sisterhood, Brotherhood, and the Education Committee, the Education Director, Shalomites advisor, Shalomites President, and parents of current and future Shalomites.